Mentoring is a key to many important outcomes crucial to your workforce, including sustained employee development, targeted and individualized feedback, and knowledge transfer. However, setting up an effective mentoring program requires a great deal of effort, logistics, and organizational support. Do you know where to begin?
Using the AXLES model, the first model devoted to dealing with the unique challenges of building a sustained learning process, this workshop examines what components you need to have in place to develop a scalable and sustainable mentoring program and provides you with best practices for implementing it. This step-by-step approach will help you navigate the early phases of mentoring program alignment all the way through program launch and measurement.
During the workshop you will work on the following and leave with a draft program:
- Learn at how to prepare for a successful mentoring program by partnering with leadership, establishing a business case, and identifying performance outcomes.
- Align your mentoring program with key goals and initiatives in your organization and describe the desired outcomes of the mentoring program.
- Discover how communication and marketing of a mentoring program will affect its success.
- Make decisions around mentor/mentee matching, mentoring agreements, time frames and do group work to solve mentorship problems and challenges.
- Identify the key characteristics of a successful mentoring program and design the structure and content of a mentoring program.
- Learn how to cultivate effective mentors.
- Develop key measures of success for your programs.
Program Outcome: Navigate the early phases of mentoring program alignment all the way through program launch and effectiveness measurement.
Target Audience: Anyone charged or interested in learning how to build scalable, sustainable mentoring programs within their organization.
Companion Items: Workbook, Admin Out of the Box (which includes the Mentoring Programs That Work book)